PC logo 100

Prophecy Communications Distribution Deal

You are viewing this information because I have reached out to you to provide you with a distribution deal. Whether you are a solo artist, group or have your own brand/label this is an opportunity to benefit from digital distribution in the US, Canada, Europe & Japan. Mechanical (Physical) distribution of hard product (CD/Albums) is also available contact me if you are interested in this option as well. It will be a separate contract.

I am sharing this opportunity to combat one of Boston's biggest problems. We have all heard that artists here feel like they don't get a fair shake. This opportunity will be provided to a who's who list of worthy artists and entities. This deal depends on your grind, it won't work unless you work it. This is a straight distribution deal, no advance, no promo budget, your success depends on your hard work. You will have the opportunity to release your music on a national and international scale and I will provide you with some support, but the true work will rest on your shoulders.



If you are going to take advantage of this opportunity you will need to understand a few things:

  • This is a straight fair business deal. 80% to you 20% to company. You have the same deal I personally have.
  • Your music will be under my umbrella company with your own branding and your music will be distributed through Redline Music Distribution.
  • How does Jamarhl/Prophecy Communications make money? In a separate agreement you will agree to pay me for my services 3-5% of the money you make. Not a percentage of your percentage. Big difference. We will negotiate whether you pay the 3% rate or 5% rate. This means if you make $100 I either get paid $3 or $5. This is obviously not about getting myself rich.
  • The only "control" over your project that I have is the power of "Veto" meaning I can refuse a song or project for distribution under my brand if it clashes with my principles. Example: You have a new song called "Sniffing cocaine off of white girls bellies" That's not gonna happen through my company, but you are free to take it anywhere else you like.

You will also need to do a few things:

  • In order to get paid you will need to make sure your music business is taken care of... you will need:
EIN NUMBER: From the IRS. This is basically a social security number for a business.
If you are a solo artist you will get one for your personal sole proprietor business.
If you are a group you will decide how to make the group an entity whether partnership, etc. That's on you.
If you are a label or entity with multiple artists & groups you will decide to formalize that entity as a business. You have several options to get an EIN I recommend either the phone # or online, quick & easy.


APPLY FOR EIN Toll-Free Telephone Service
Taxpayers can obtain an EIN immediately by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933. The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor takes the information, assigns the EIN, and provides the number to an authorized individual over the telephone.


Use Form SS-4 (Application for Employer Identification Number) to apply for an employer identification number (EIN).
To view this form, click here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf
Download the instructions for this form here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iss4.pdf

W-9 FORM: From the IRS. This is like what you fill out when you get a job so your pay is taxed right.
Get a W-9 here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf#search='w9
PUBLISHING: Also if you haven't done it already, you should join an Artists representation group and establish your publishing. This is what tracks your radio play and is one way "Royalties" are generated. There are 3 major Artist groups ASCAP | BMI | SESAC
(I am a member of Sesac because in my experience they are the best in tracking of underground music, college radio and digital outlets. Do your own research and get on board with one of them.)
COPYRIGHT: If you haven't gotten copyrights for your works you want to handle that ASAP. "Poor man's copyright" are a poor substitute for the real thing. The current fee for copyright is $35 I suggest you bundle all your works into one example: New Album contains 10 songs... instead of paying $35 for each song, bundle together and pay $35 for all 10 songs. Learn everything about Copyrights here: http://www.copyright.gov/
Extra Info: MECHANICAL: You may also want to familiarize yourself with this as well The Harry Fox Agency http://www.harryfox.com/
Contact me: jamarhl.crawford [at] gmail.com
617-297-7721 this is my public business # if you have my personal cell you can still use that too...